Welcome to the Department of Mathematics and Computing.
The Department of Mathematics and Computing came into existence in the year 2014. The department has qualified and devoted faculty members with specializations in pure and applied mathematics. Presently the department offers M. Sc. and Ph. D. program. M.Sc program offers Mathematics and computing.
It is our goal to become one of the leading department in research and teaching .We strongly promote research collaboration at the local level as well as national and international levels. We warmly invite any query and thank you for visiting us.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1: Graduates develop teaching skills, Subject knowledge in the course of their study which will help them to shine in various fields including Education, IT, etc.
- PEO 2: Graduates will use their course as a training ground to develop their positive attitude, skills which will enable them to become a multi facet personality shining in any chosen field.
- PEO 3: Graduates will develop on discovering new avenues in the chosen field and exploring areas that remain conducive for research and development.
- PEO 4: The graduates will be encouraged in personality development skills like time management, crisis management, stress interviews and working as a team.
Program Outcomes (POs)
At the end of the programme, the students will be able to:
- PO1: To apply knowledge of Mathematics, in all the fields of learning including higher research and its extensions.
- PO2: To innovate, invent and solve complex mathematical problems using the knowledge of pure and applied mathematics.
- PO3: To solve one dimensional Wave and Heat equations employing the methods in Partial Differential equations.
- PO4: To utilize Number Theory in the field of Cryptography that helps in hiding information and maintaining secrecy in Military information transmission, computer password and electronic commerce.
- PO5: Demonstrate risk assessment in Financial markets, Disease spread in Biology and Punnett squares in Ecology.
- PO6: To provide a systematic understanding of the concepts and theories of mathematical and computing their application in the real world.
- PO7:To analyses the situation, make a mathematical problem and find its solution.
- PO8:To apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics, responsibilities and norms in the society
- PO9: To identify, formulate, and analyze the complex problems using the principles ofMathematics.
- PO10:To have the caliber to work in foreign Universities
- PO11:To Enhances Logical reasoning skills, arithmetic skills, aptitude skills communication skills, self confidence for better employability
- PO12: To crack competitive examinations, lectureship and fellowsip exams approved by UGC like CSIR – GATE, NET and SET