Dr. Thiyam Tamphasana Devi
Department of Civil Engineering
Alternate E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Thiyam Tamphasana Devi and Yashwant B. Katpatal- "Surface Runoff Depth by SCS Curve Number Method Integrated with Satellite Image and GIS Techniques", Urban Hydrology, Watershed Management and Socio-Economic Aspects, Water Science and Technology Library, (eds. A.K. Sarma et al.), Springer International Publishing Switzerland, Springer, 2016; 73: 51-68.
Anurag Sharma, Thiyam Tamphasana Devi and Bimlesh Kumar - Turbulence in Continuous Flow Surface Aeration Sysyems, Water Science and Technology (accepted for publication)
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi and Bimlesh Kumar - Mass transfer and power characteristics of stirred tank with Rushton and curved blade impeller, Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal, Elsevier (accepted for publication)
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi and Bimlesh Kumar - Design of Unbaffled Stirred tank with Curved Blade Impeller, Journal of Engineering Thermophysics, Springer, (Accepted for Publication).
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi and Bimlesh Kumar - Vortex Depth Analysis in an Unbaffled Stirred Tank with Curved Blade Impeller, Chemistry and Chemical Technology, (accepted for publication)
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi and Bimlesh Kumar - Optimal Impeller Clearance for Dual Stirred Unbaffled Tank with Curved Blade Impeller, Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics, Springer, 89(4): 948-953, 2016.
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi, Bimlesh Kumar and Ajay Kumar Patel - Detached eddy simulation of turbulent flow in stirred tank reactor, Procedia Engineering, Elsevier,127: 87-94, 2015.
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi and Bimlesh Kumar - Design of a Gas-liquid Unbaffled Stirred tank with Curved Blade Impeller, Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics, Springer, 88(1): 76-87, 2015.
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi and Bimlesh Kumar - Large Eddy Simulation of Turbulent Flow in Stirred tank with Curved Blade Impeller, Journal of Engineering Thermophysics, Springer, 24(2): 1-17, 2015.
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi and Bimlesh Kumar- Scale up Criteria for Dual Stirred Gas-liquid Unbaffled Stirred tank with Concave Blade Impeller, The Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering, Springer, 31(8): 1339-1348, 2014.
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi and Bimlesh Kumar - Effect of Superficial gas velocity on Process Dynamics in Bioreactors, Thermophysics and Aeromechanics, Springer, 21(3): 309-326, 2014.
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi and Bimlesh Kumar - Comparison of Flow Patterns of Dual Rushton with CD-6 impeller, Theoretical Foundations of Chemical Engineering, Springer, 47(4): 410-421, 2013.
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi and Bimlesh Kumar - CFD Simulation of Flow Patterns in Dual Impeller Stirred Tank, International Journal of Modeling and Simulation, 33(2): 1-8, 2013.
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi and Bimlesh Kumar - CFD Simulation of Flow Patterns in Unbaffled Stirred Tank with CD-6 Impeller, Chemical Industry and Chemical Engineering Quarterly, 18(4): 535-546, 2012.
Bimlesh Kumar and Thiyam Tamphasana Devi - Oxygen Transfer With Circulation Flow Rate In Unbaffled Surface Aerator, Chemistry and Chemical Technology, 6(2): 203-207, 2012.
Bimlesh Kumar and Thiyam Tamphasana Devi - Oxygen Transfer at Turbulent Microscale, Journal of Environmental Research and Development, 6(3): 569-574, 2012.
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi and Bimlesh Kumar - Turbulent Modeling of Stirred Tank with CD-6 Impeller,Advances and Applications in Fluid Mechanics, 10(2): 141-155, 2011.
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi, Annu Priya Sinha, Meena Thakre and Bimlesh Kumar - Impeller Submergence Depth for Stirred Tanks, Bulletin of Chemical Reaction Engineering & Catalysis, 6(2): 122-127, 2011.
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi, Banoth Malsur and Bimlesh Kumar -Influence of Submergence Depth on Power Consumption in Stirred Tank, Chemical Engineering Research Bulletin, 15(1): 45-47, 2011.
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi and Bimlesh Kumar - Analyzing Flow Hydrodynamics in Stirred Tank with CD-6 and Rushton Impeller, International Review of Chemical Engineering, 3(4): 440-448, 2011.
Bimlesh Kumar and Thiyam Tamphasana Devi -Impeller Submergence Depth on Power Consumption of Mixing Tank, International Proceedings of Chemical, Biological and Environmental Engineering, 4: 76-78, 2011.
Bimlesh Kumar, Thiyam Tamphasana Devi, Ajey Kumar Patel and Ankit Bhatla-Optimal configuration for power consumption in baffled surface aeration tanks, Bulletin of Chemical Reaction Engineering & Catalysis, 5(2): 87-93, 2010.
Based on M-Tech Work
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi, Yaswant B. Katpatal. Identification of Infiltration potential Zones through overlay analysis in GIS environment using reservoir frequencies, spreads and other parameters, Geospatial World Forum, January 18-21, 2011, Hydrabad, India (“Kamakshi Gold Medal for Young Geospatial Scientist 2010 Award” for best paper)
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi, Yaswant B. Katpatal. Estimation of Infiltration Rate by SCS-CN and CWC method using Satellite Data: A case study of Bhandara District, Maharashtra, International Conference on Sustainable Water Resource Management and Treatment Technologies, January 19-22, 2011, Nagpur, India.
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi. Intelligent Transport system in GIS environment, National Round Table Technical Meet, October 11-13, 2010; pp62-65, Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, Assam, India.
Based on PhD work
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi, Bimlesh Kumar. Quantifying multiphase characteristics in double impeller stirred tank, National Conference on Frontiers in Chemical Sciences, December 3-4, 2012, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Assam, India.
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi, Bimlesh Kumar. Turbulent dissipation rates in a baffled stirred tank of Rushton turbine, 14th Asia Pacific Confederation of Chemical Engineering, February 21-24, 2012, Singapore.
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi, Bimlesh Kumar. Application of standard k-ε turbulence model for designing of stirred tanks, 4th International Congress of Environmental Research, December 15-17, 2011, Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat, Gujarat, India (“Young Environmentalist Award 2011”awarded best oral presentation).
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi, Bimlesh Kumar. Investigations of mixing in mechanically stirred tank: Comparison of CD-6 impeller and Rushton turbine, National Conference on Recent Advances in Civil Engineering, October 14-16, 2011, IT-BHU, Varanasi, Utter Pradesh, India.
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi, Bimlesh Kumar. Power Consumption by different types of impellers used in stirred tanks: A literature review and an introduction to CFD, National Conference on WATER, ENERGY AND BIODIVERSITY-with Special reference to North-East Region, August 20-22, 2011, Agartala, Tripura, India
Thiyam Tamphasana Devi, Bamoth Malsur, Bimlesh Kumar. Optimal impeller submergence depth for stirred tank, International Conference on Thermal Energy and Environment, March 24-26, 7-9, 2011, Kalasalingam University, Anand Nagar, Tamilnadu, India.
Bimlesh Kumar, Thiyam Tamphasana Devi. Impeller submergence depth on power consumption of mixing tank, International Conference on Environmental Science and Development, January 7-9, 2011, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
PhD Water Resources Enginerring (IIT Guwahati): 2010-2014
M-Tech Water Resources Engineering (NIT Nagpur): 2008-2010
B.E Civil Engineering (Nagpur University): 2003-2007
(1) Full Financial Support by Department of Biotechnology, MHRD, India for attending international conference in Singapore, 21-24 February, 2012.
(2) Kamakshi Gold Medal for Young Geospatial Scientist 2010 best paper award at Geospatial World Forum, 18-21 January, 2011, Hydrabad, India.
(3) Young Environmentalist Award 2011 for best oral presentation at 4th International Congress of Environmental Research, 15-17 December, 2011, Surat, India.
(4) Certificate of Merit for best paper presentation at National Round Table Technical Meet, 11-13 October, 2010, IIT Guwahati, India.
(5) Academic Excellence Prize for highest grade in M-Tech, 2010.
Assistant Professor (September 2015-till date): National Institute of Technology (Department of Civil Engineering), Imphal, Manipur.
Assistant Professor (January 2014-August 2015): Kaziranga University (Department of Civil Engineering), Jorhat. Assam.
Member - International Association of Hydrological Sciences (IAHS), UK [Membership No.: 15124].
Member - International Society for Environmental Information Sciences (ISEIS), Canada.
Member - Asia-Pacific Chemical, Biologica l& Environmental Engineering Society (APCBEES), Hong Kong [Membership No.: 201679]
Turbulent Flow Analysis (Experimental and Computational)
Application of CFD tools in Flow Analysis
Application of RS & GIS in Water Resources Engineering
Modelling of Water Distribution Pipe System
(1) Participated two day workshop on “Data quality, Predictive Analytics And Business Decision Making” jointly organized by Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata and Kaziranga University, Jorhat held at Kaziranga University, Jorhat on 13th & 14th March 2015.
(2) Participated one day faculty development workshop on “Human Ethics And Professional Ethics” organized by Oxford University Press India held at Kaziranga University on 10th September 2014.
(3) Attended one day workshop on need of “Watershed Based Planning For Hazard Mitigation” organized by MoUD, Govt. of India held at Department of Civil Engineering, IITG, 24 th January, 2012
(4) Participated 5 days AICTE Sponsored QIP Short-Term Course on “Large River Management: Hydraulics, Hydrology and Ecology” organized by Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati during 16-20, January 2012.
(5) Attended GRBEMP Sponsored one day workshop on “River Basin Management and Fluvial Disasters” organized by Department of Civil Engineering held at Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati on 16th January 2012.
(6) Attended 3 days workshop on “Transport and Mixing of Matter in Open Channel Flow’ by Prof. Walter H.Graf, Professor of Hydraulics at the Ecole Polytechnique, Switzerland, held at Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, 16-20, June, 2011.